InspirEmail No 132 - April 22, 2008
'Inspirational messages to refresh the spirit and boost the emotional bank account'
An Act of Kindness
A woman was walking down the street not far from where she worked, when she spied a beggar sitting on the corner. The man was elderly, unshaven, and ragged. As he sat there, pedestrians walked by him giving him dirty looks, they clearly wanted nothing to do with him because of who he was - a dirty, homeless man. But when she saw him, the woman was moved to compassion. It was very cold that day and the man had his tattered coat - more like an old suit coat rather than a warm coat, wrapped around him.
She stopped and looked down. 'Sir?' she asked. 'Are you all right?'
The man slowly looked up. This was a woman clearly accustomed to the finer things of life. Her coat was new. She looked like that she had never missed a meal in her life. His first thought was that she wanted to make fun of him, like so many others had done before.
'Leave me alone,' he growled.
To his amazement, the woman continued standing. She was smiling, her even white teeth displayed in dazzling rows. 'Are you hungry?' she asked.
'No,' he answered sarcastically. 'I've just come from dining with the president. Now go away.'
The woman's smile became even broader. Suddenly the man felt a gentle hand under his arm. 'What are you doing, lady?' the man asked angrily. 'I said to leave me alone.'
Just then a policeman came up. 'Is there any problem, ma'am?' he asked.
'No problem here, officer,' the woman answered. 'I'm just trying to get this man to his feet. Will you help me?'
The officer scratched his head. 'That's old Jack. He's been a fixture around here for a couple of years. What do you want with him?'
'See that cafeteria over there?' she asked. 'I'm going to get him something to eat and get him out of the cold for awhile.'
'Are you crazy, lady?' the homeless man resisted. 'I don't want to go in there!' Then he felt strong hands grab his other arm and lift him up. 'Let me go, officer. I didn't do anything.'
'This is a good deal for you, Jack,' the officer answered. 'Don't blow it.'
Finally, and with some difficulty, the woman and the police officer got Jack into the cafeteria and sat him at a table in a remote corner. It was the middle of the morning, so most of the breakfast crowd had already left and the lunch bunch had not yet arrived. The manager strode across the cafeteria and stood by the table.
'What's going on here, officer?' he asked. 'What is all this. Is this man in trouble?'
'This lady brought this man in here to be fed,' the policeman answered.
'Not in here!' the manager replied angrily. 'Having a person like that here is bad for business.'
Old Jack smiled a toothless grin. 'See, lady. I told you so. Now if you'll let me go. I didn't want to come here in the first place.'
The woman turned to the cafeteria manager and smiled. 'Sir, are you familiar with Eddy and Associates, the banking firm down the street?'
'Of course I am,' the manager answered impatiently. 'They hold their weekly meetings in one of my banquet rooms.'
'And do you make a good profit from providing food at the weekly meetings?' she said.
'What business is that of yours?'
'I, sir, am Penelope Eddy, president and CEO of the company.'
'Oh.' he replied.
The woman smiled again. 'I thought that might make a difference.' She glanced at the cop who was busy stifling a giggle. 'Would you like to join us in a cup of coffee and a meal, officer?'
'No thanks, ma'am,' the officer replied. 'I'm on duty.'
'Then, perhaps, a cup of coffee to go?'
'Yes, ma'am. That would be very nice.'
The cafeteria manager turned on his heel. 'I'll get your coffee for you right away, officer.' The officer watched him walk away. 'You certainly put him in his place,' he said.
'That was not my intent. Believe it or not, I have a reason for all this.'
She sat down at the table across from her amazed dinner guest. She stared at him intently. 'Jack, do you remember me?'
Old Jack searched her face with his old, rheumy eyes 'I think so - I mean you do look familiar.'
'I'm a little older perhaps,' she said. 'Maybe I've even filled out more than in my younger days when you worked here, and I came through that very door, cold and hungry.'
'Ma'am?' the officer said questioningly. He couldn't believe that such a magnificently turned out woman could ever have been hungry.
'I was just out of college,' the woman began. 'I had come to the city looking for a job, but I couldn't find anything. Finally I was down to my last few cents and had been kicked out of my apartment. I walked the streets for days. It was February and I was cold and nearly starving. I saw this place and walked in on the off chance that I could get something to eat.'
Jack lit up with a smile. 'Now I remember, ' he said. 'I was behind the serving counter. You came up and asked me if you could work for something to eat. I said that it was against company policy.'
'I know,' the woman continued. 'Then you made me the biggest roast beef sandwich that I had ever seen, gave me a cup of coffee, and told me to go over to a corner table and enjoy it. I was afraid that you would get into trouble. Then, when I looked over, I saw you put the price of my food in the cash register. I knew then that everything would be all right.'
'So you started your own business?' Old Jack said.
'I got a job that very afternoon. I worked my way up. Eventually I started my own business that, and I have prospered.' She opened her purse and pulled out a business card. 'When you are finished here, I want you to pay a visit to a Mr. Lyons. He's the personnel director of my company. I'll go talk to him now and I'm certain he'll find something for you to do around the office.'
She smiled. 'I think he might even find the funds to give you a little advance so that you can buy some clothes and get a place to live until you get on your feet and if you ever need anything, my door is always opened to you.'
There were tears in the old man's eyes. 'How can I ever thank you,' he said.
'Please don't thank me, I was led to you today to repay your act of kindness' the woman answered.
Outside the cafeteria, the officer and the woman paused at the entrance before going their separate ways. 'Thank you for all your help, officer,' she said.
'On the contrary, Ms. Eddy,' he answered. 'Thank you. I saw a miracle today, something that I will never forget, and thank you for the coffee.'
She frowned. 'I forgot to ask you whether you used cream or sugar. That's black.'
The officer looked at the steaming cup of coffee in his hand. 'Yes, I do take cream and sugar, perhaps more sugar than is good for me.' He patted his ample stomach.
'I'm sorry,' she said.
'I don't need it now,' he replied smiling. 'I've got the feeling that this coffee you bought me is going to taste as sweet as sugar.'
April's Featured Inspiration
When the message light doesn't blink
Seeing one of her neighbour's children playing alone, a woman asked him where his brother was. 'Oh,' he said, 'he's in the house playing a duet. I finished first.' Too many people find themselves playing a duet alone. Too many people are lonely. They rise alone in the morning . . . read the story >>>
- Inspirational Quote -
You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- InspirEmail No 359 - February 2021 - Savour the Journey
- InspirEmail No 358 - January 2021 - Honey - I love burnt toast
- InspirEmail No 357 - December 2020 - Six Meaningful Messages
- InspirEmail No 356 - November 2020 - Getting Where You Want To Go
- InspirEmail No 355 - October 2020 - Technology isn't Life
- InspirEmail No 354 - September 2020 - Slingshot Slavery
- InspirEmail No 353 - August 2020 - Playing a poor hand well
- InspirEmail No 352 - July 2020 - Big things happen
- InspirEmail No 351 - June 2020 - You're not okay are you?
- InspirEmail No 350 - May 2020 - Make the most out of every single day
- InspirEmail No 349 - April 2020 - Somebody has got your back
- InspirEmail No 348 - March 2020 - Never judge anyone at first sight
- InspirEmail No 347 - February 2020 - What you do in the grocery store
- InspirEmail No 346 - January 2020 - Sometimes you need to take the plunge
- InspirEmail No 345 - December 2019 - The Power of Silence
- InspirEmail No 344 - November 2019 - Shine in your own way
- InspirEmail No 343 - October 2019 - Leading by Inspiration
- InspirEmail No 342 - September 2019 - Something more valuable than Gold
- InspirEmail No 341 - August 2019 - A Test for Honesty
- InspirEmail No 340 - July 2019 - You still have value
- InspirEmail No 339 - June 2019 - Reason to Smile
- InspirEmail No 338 - May 2019 - Good Karma Observations
- InspirEmail No 337 - April 2019 - Letting go of Stress
- InspirEmail No 336 - March 2019 - Your Own Best Friend
- InspirEmail No 335 - February 2019 - Enjoying Living With Ease
- InspirEmail No 334 - January 2019 - The emotional dimension of New Years resolutions
- InspirEmail No 333 - December 2018 - Three powerful words we need to use
- InspirEmail No 332 - November 2018 - Find Happiness
- InspirEmail No 331 - October 2018 - Sweet Biscuits and Be Necessary
- InspirEmail No 330 - September 2018 - Volunteer Victims
- InspirEmail No 329 - August 2018 - If you love competition, you never lose
- InspirEmail No 328 - July 2018 - Dreams should be nurtured
- InspirEmail No 327 - June 2018 - Are you ready for results
- InspirEmail No 326 - May 2018 - The intimidating power of integrity
- InspirEmail No 325 - April 2018 - Coffee on the wall
- InspirEmail No 324 - March 2018 - The Three Dolls
- InspirEmail No 323 - February 2018 - Believe in Yourself
- InspirEmail No 322 - January 2018 - The Law of the Garbage Truck
- InspirEmail No 321 - December 2017 - How it feels to be hooked
- InspirEmail No 320 - November 2017 - What makes us happy
- InspirEmail No 319 - October 2017 - No Regrets
- InspirEmail No 318 - September 2017 - A Dream is Not Enough
- InspirEmail No 317 - August 2017 - Understanding Gratitude - Gifts from the Heart
- InspirEmail No 316 - July 2017 - Are you ready for results
- InspirEmail No 315 - June 2017 - The Power of One Gesture
- InspirEmail No 314 - May 2017 - Enjoy Your Nectarine
- InspirEmail No 313 - April 2017 - Life is meant to be lived
- InspirEmail No 312 - March 2017 - Are you a bucket filler or a dipper
- InspirEmail No 311 - February 2017 - Forgiving without condoning or forgetting
- InspirEmail No 310 - January 2017 - 11 ways to make this your best year yet
- InspirEmail No 309 - December 2016 - A Beautiful Heart
- InspirEmail No 308 - November 2016 - Taking Charge of the Balloon
- InspirEmail No 307 - October 2016 - Acknowledging and giving credit comes in many forms
- InspirEmail No 306 - September 2016 - Not just a Pipe Dream
- InspirEmail No 305 - August 2016 - A Person of Character
- InspirEmail No 304 - July 2016 - Letting the Yeast Work Its Magic
- InspirEmail No 303 - May 2016 - The nails in the fence
- InspirEmail No 302 - April 2016 - What will be my reward
- InspirEmail No 301 - March 2016 - Happiness is a choice
- InspirEmail No 300 - February 2016 - Paying Attention
- InspirEmail No 299 - January 2016 - Let go of your stresses
- InspirEmail No 298 - December 2015 - We are what we think
- InspirEmail No 297 - November 2015 - The First Secret of Success
- InspirEmail No 296 - October 2015 - Broken Eggs and Shattered Glass
- InspirEmail No 295 - September 2015 - Money is the icing, not the cake
- InspirEmail No 294 - August 2015 - Choosing to end anger
- InspirEmail No 293 - July 2015 - Five birds and good intentions
- InspirEmail No 292 - June 2015 - How do I deal with tough times
- InspirEmail No 291 - May 2015 - Four Important Question
- InspirEmail No 290 - April 2015 - Motivating Others
- InspirEmail No 289 - March 2015 - Skill and the mind
- InspirEmail No 288 - February 2015 - Bear's Tips for would be Leaders
- InspirEmail No 287 - January 2015 - We shape our own character
- InspirEmail No 286 - December 2014 - Paid in full with love
- InspirEmail No 285 - November 2014 - The clock is running
- InspirEmail No 284 - October 2014 - Not everyone in need has a brick
- InspirEmail No 283 - September, 2014 - The First Secret of Success
- InspirEmail No 282 - August, 2014 - It couldn't be done
- InspirEmail No 281 - July, 2014 - Is happiness around the corner
- InspirEmail No 280 - June, 2014 - Enough Is a Moving Target
- InspirEmail No 279 - May 2014 - Unexpected Lessons
- InspirEmail No 278 - March 31st, 2014 - The saga of the lost wallet
- InspirEmail No 277 - March 17th, 2014 - Walking through life
- InspirEmail No 276 - March 5th, 2014 - Because I am different
- InspirEmail No 275 - February 17th, 2014 - Gifts from the heart are gifts of the heart
- InspirEmail No 274 - February 3rd, 2014 - Fragile - Handle with Care
- InspirEmail No 273 - January 20th, 2014 - It's never too late
- InspirEmail No 272 - December 9th, 2013 - She let them sit and boil,without saying a word
- InspirEmail No 271 - November 25th, 2013 - Erased by the winds of forgiveness!
- InspirEmail No 270 - November 11th, 2013 - The man who sold very good hot dogs
- InspirEmail No 269 - October 28th, 2013 - Destined or Determined
- InspirEmail No 268 - October 14th, 2013 - The Power of Kindness
- InspirEmail No 267 - September 30th, 2013 - Attitude on life
- InspirEmail No 266 - September 16th, 2013 - Look Ahead
- InspirEmail No 265 - September 2nd, 2013 - Changing your thinking
- InspirEmail No 264 - August 19th, 2013 - Using all your strength
- InspirEmail No 263 - August 5th, 2013 - It couldn't be done
- InspirEmail No 262 - July 22nd, 2013 - The Best Dad
- InspirEmail No 261 - July 8th, 2013 - Thinking Positively
- InspirEmail No 260 - June 24th, 2013 - Live for now
- InspirEmail No 259 - June 10th, 2013 - Needing approval more than advice
- InspirEmail No 258 - May 27th, 2013 - Good Leaders are Good
- InspirEmail No 257 - May 13th, 2013 - Be Willing To
- InspirEmail No 256 - April 29th, 2013 - You can start to succeed at any time
- InspirEmail No 255 - April 15th, 2013 - Just keep on knocking
- InspirEmail No 254 - April 1st, 2013 - Savour the Journey
- InspirEmail No 253 - March 18th, 2013 - The Nature of Character
- InspirEmail No 252 - March 4th, 2013 - The Little Nail
- InspirEmail No 251 - February 18th, 2013 - Words of Wisdom
- InspirEmail No 250 - February 4th, 2013 - Listening to your heart
- InspirEmail No 249 - January 20st, 2013 - No Barriers in Life
- InspirEmail No 248 - January 7th, 2013 - Not everyone in need has a brick
- InspirEmail No 247 - December 10th, 2012 - Building Bridges
- InspirEmail No 246 - November 26th, 2012 - Cool heads and warm hearts
- InspirEmail No 245 - November 12th, 2012 - He had a go
- InspirEmail No 244 - October 29th, 2012 - Some Important Donts
- InspirEmail No 243 - October 15th, 2012 - Attitude over Circumstances
- InspirEmail No 242 - October 1st, 2012 - Your Potential
- InspirEmail No 241 - September 17th, 2012 - Good decisions start with stop
- InspirEmail No 240 - September 3rd, 2012 - Enjoying what you do!
- InspirEmail No 239 - August 20th, 2012 - Look Ahead
- InspirEmail No 238 - August 6th, 2012 - A Picture of Peace
- InspirEmail No 237 - July 23rd, 2012 - Doing the Remarkable
- InspirEmail No 236 - July 9th, 2012 - If you're in a hole, stop digging
- InspirEmail No 235 - June 25th, 2012 - Creating Opportunity
- InspirEmail No 234 - June 11th, 2012 - There you are
- InspirEmail No 233 - May 28th, 2012 - Everyone Needs a Me File
- InspirEmail No 232 - May 14th, 2012 - Walk Your Talk
- InspirEmail No 231 - April 30th, 2012 - This Day
- InspirEmail No 230 - April 16th, 2012 - Living from the heart
- InspirEmail No 229 - April 2nd, 2012 - True Friends
- InspirEmail No 228 - March 19th, 2012 - Some Important Don'ts
- InspirEmail No 227 - March 5th, 2012 - It's all a matter of perspective
- InspirEmail No 226 - February 20th, 2012 - Eight Laws of Leadership
- InspirEmail No 225 - February 6th, 2012 - Remember
- InspirEmail No 224 - January 23rd, 2012 - Making Good Decisions
- InspirEmail No 223 - January 9th, 2012 - Determination
- InspirEmail No 222 - December 12th, 2011 - Keeping pace with yourself
- InspirEmail No 221 - November 28th, 2011 - Seven Steps to Success
- InspirEmail No 220 - November 14th, 2011 - Live Backwards
- InspirEmail No 219 - October 31st, 2011 - Life is meant to be lived
- InspirEmail No 218 - October 17th, 2011 - A Simple Solution
- InspirEmail No 217 - October 3rd, 2011 - The Woodsman and the Leprechaun
- InspirEmail No 216 - September 19th, 2011 - When life gives you a kick
- InspirEmail No 215 - September 5th, 2011 - The Toast
- InspirEmail No 214 - August 22nd, 2011 - Making bricks or building cathedrals
- InspirEmail No 213 - August 8th, 2011 - Rule No 1 . . . It's Golden
- InspirEmail No 212 - July 25th, 2011 - Great Happiness
- InspirEmail No 211 - July 11th, 2011 - Five birds with good intentions
- InspirEmail No 210 - June 27th, 2011 - Self Appraisal
- InspirEmail No 209 - June 13, 2011 - The Power of Attitude
- InspirEmail No 208 - May 30, 2011 - We expect more out of adults
- InspirEmail No 207 - May 16, 2011 - Those who will listen will learn!
- InspirEmail No 206 - May 2, 2011 - Now he can see!
- InspirEmail No 205 - April 18, 2011 - Everything happens for the good
- InspirEmail No 204 - April 4, 2011 - Is Happiness Around The Corner
- InspirEmail No 203 - March 21, 2011 - I still have choice
- InspirEmail No 202 - March 7, 2011 - We are all made to fly
- InspirEmail No 201 - February 21, 2011 - One minute can change a life
- InspirEmail No 200 - February 7 2011 - Calming the muddy waters
- InspirEmail No 199 - January 24, 2011 - Living in the moment
- InspirEmail No 198 - January 10, 2011 - Loved into Action
- InspirEmail No 197 - December 20, 2010 - Will this be a good Christmas?
- InspirEmail No 196 - December 6, 2010 - A walk in the park
- InspirEmail No 195 - November 22, 2010 - Needing a Nudge
- InspirEmail No 194 - November 8, 2010 - The storm will pass
- InspirEmail No 193 - October 25th, 2010 - You're Never Too Old to be a Role Model
- InspirEmail No 192 - October 11, 2010 - When you're pulled along
- InspirEmail No 191 - September 27, 2010 - The Stonecutter's Wish
- InspirEmail No 190 - September 13, 2010 - A few end of day questions for you!
- InspirEmail No 189 - August 30, 2010 - The Scorpion and Human Nature
- InspirEmail No 188 - August 16, 2010 - Believe to Achieve
- InspirEmail No 187 - August 2, 2010 - Never Doubt Yourself
- InspirEmail No 186 - July 19, 2010 - Same Here
- InspirEmail No 185 - July 5, 2010 - A Person of Worth
- InspirEmail No 184 - June 21, 2010 - The Secret of Exceptional Customer Service
- InspirEmail No 183 - June 7, 2010 - Wealth of Wisdom
- InspirEmail No 182 - May 24, 2010 - Because the sun was shining
- InspirEmail No 181 - May 10, 2010 - Life is about balance
- InspirEmail No 180 - April 26, 2010 - The Parable of Brother Leo
- InspirEmail No 179 - April 12, 2010 - Growing Good Corn
- InspirEmail No 178 - March 29, 2009 - The Secreet of Happiness
- InspirEmail No 177 - March 15, 2010 - The most important part of the body
- InspirEmail No 176 - March 1, 2010 - If you chnage one thing
- InspirEmail No 175 - February 15, 2010 - Secret of Success
- InspirEmail No 174 - February 1, 2010 - Love without Measure
- InspirEmail No 173 - January 18, 2010 - I want to be a mountain
- InspirEmail No 172 - January 4, 2010 - Take a year-end attitude innventory
- InspirEmail No 171 - December 14, 2009 - Christmas is Love
- InspirEmail No 170 - November 30, 2009 - It doesn't interest me [The Invitation]
- InspirEmail No 169 - November 16, 2009 - You are worth it
- InspirEmail No 168 - October 26, 2009 - I've got a passion for . . .
- InspirEmail No 167 - October 12, 2009 - Never Doubt Yourself
- InspirEmail No 166 - September 28, 2009 - Can you pass the triple filter test
- InspirEmail No 165 - September 14, 2009 - The Best Dad
- InspirEmail No 164 - August 31, 2009 - The Beveled Glass Box
- InspirEmail No 163 - August 17, 2009 - Pounding in and pulling out nails
- InspirEmail No 162 - August 3, 2009 - Real Beauty
- InspirEmail No 161 - June 15th, 2009 - Hold on tightly . . . to what's truly important in your life!
- InspirEmail No 160 - June 1, 2009 - Wellworn habits, take time to changs
- InspirEmail No 159 - May 18, 2009 - The way back home
- InspirEmail No 158 - May 4, 2009 - The Black Belt
- InspirEmail No 157 - April 20, 2009 - Go with the Flow
- InspirEmail No 156 - April 6, 2009 - Busy
- InspirEmail No 155 - March 23, 2009 - The Four Traits of Effective Leaders
- InspirEmail No 154 - March 9, 2009 - Believe In Yourself
- InspirEmail No 153 - February 23, 2009 - A Seeker of Truth
- InspirEmail No 152 - February 9, 2009 - Living and Giving
- InspirEmail No 151 - January 26, 2009 - Approaching Each Day
- InspirEmail No 150 - January 12, 2009 - Precious Moments
- InspirEmail No 149 - December 22, 2008 - Santa's Love
- InspirEmail No 148 - December 8, 2008 - That's just the way I am
- InspirEmail No 147 - November 24, 2008 - Two Days Without Worry
- InspirEmail No 146 - November 10, 2008 - The Lighted World
- InspirEmail No 145 - October 27, 2008 - Yes, Yes I will
- InspirEmail No 144 - October 6, 2008 - Change Begins with Choice
- InspirEmail No 143 - September 22, 2008 - Alive and Present
- InspirEmail No 142 - September 8, 2008 - Living in Peace
- InspirEmail No 141 - August 25, 2008 - Pooch on the Premises
- InspirEmail No 140 - August 11, 2008 - Friends and Aquaintences
- InspirEmail No 139 - July 28, 2008 - Twenty-one rules for have a great life
- InspirEmail No 138 - July 14, 2008 - Great Happiness
- InspirEmail No 137 - June 30, 2008 - Glowing and Growing with the Appreciation
- InspirEmail No 136 - June 16, 2008 - The Canoe
- InspirEmail No 135 - June 2, 2008 - Keeping Playing
- InspirEmail No 134 - May 18, 2008 - Serenity
- InspirEmail No 133 - May 5, 2008 - Laughter is Cheap Medicine
- InspirEmail No 132 - April 22, 2008 - An Act of Kindness
- InspirEmail No 131 - April 7, 2008 - The Teacup
- InspirEmail No 130 - March 24, 2008 - Moving Rocks
- InspirEmail No 129 - March 10, 2008 - The old man and the scorpion
- InspirEmail No 128 - February 24, 2008 - Show some one you care
- InspirEmail No 127 - February 11, 2008 - The Love of a Friend
- InspirEmail No 126 - January 28, 2008 - Learn to speak their language
- InspirEmail No 125 - January 14, 2008 - Genuine and Caring Leadership
- InspirEmail No 124 - December 18, 2007 - Christmas Olympics . . . Let the Games Begin!
- InspirEmail No 123 - December 3, 2007 - The ABC's of Handling Mistakes
- InspirEmail No 122 - November 19, 2007 - Three Easy Ways to Maximise Motivation
- InspirEmail No 121 - November 5, 2007 - The Pretty One
- InspirEmail No 120 - October 22, 2007 - Celebrating You
- InspirEmail No 119 - October 8, 2007 - The Law of the Garbaga Truck
- InspirEmail No 118 - September 24, 2007 - A Grandmother Takes Power
- InspirEmail No 117 - September 10, 2007 - Acres of Diamonds
- InspirEmail No 116 - August 27, 2007 - 'Reconciliation' - a difficult word
- InspirEmail No 115 - August 13, 2007 - All just part of my job
- InspirEmail No 114 - July 30, 2007 - Few Good Followers
- InspirEmail No 113 - July 16, 2007 - The Seasons of Life
- InspirEmail No 106 - April 9, 2007 - Listen with Your Eyes
- InspirEmail No 105 - March 19, 2007 - The World Came Together
- InspirEmail No 104 - March 5, 2007 - The Tomato Business
- InspirEmail No 103 - February 19, 2007 - Wherever you are, be there!
- InspirEmail No 102 - February 5, 2007 - Those who listen will learn
- InspirEmail No 101 - Janaury 19, 2007 - The True Measure of Greatness
- InspirEmail No 100 - December 18, 2006 - A Passionate and Rewarding Journey
- InspirEmail No 99 - December 4, 2006 - A Peculiar Kind of Love
- InspirEmail No 98 - November 20, 2006 - On Letting Go
- InspirEmail No 97 - November 6, 2006 - A Different Perspective
- InspirEmail No 96 - October 23, 2006 - Echoes of kind words
- InspirEmail No 95 - October 9, 2006 - Reflecting on the Good Times
- InspirEmail No 94 - September 25, 2006 - The prize isnt always in the bottom of the box
- InspirEmail No 93 - September 11, 2006 - Pay Attention
- InspirEmail No 92 - August 28, 2006 - But We Never Stop Growing
- InspirEmail No 91 - August 14, 2006 - Wishes
- InspirEmail No 90 - July 31, 2006 - Then you still have hope
- InspirEmail No 89 - July 17, 2006 - Unexpected Lessons
- InspirEmail No 88 - July 3, 2006 - Be a Good One
- InspirEmail No 87 - June 19, 2006 - It Feels Right
- InspirEmail No 86 - June 5, 2006 - After the applause . . . make time for words of praise
- InspirEmail No 85 - May 22, 2006 - Digging for Gold
- InspirEmail No 84 - May 8, 2006 - Dancing with Friends
- InspirEmail No 83 - April 24, 2006 - Acknowledging a Special Treat
- InspirEmail No 82 - April 10, 2006 - Love and music in their hearts
- InspirEmail No 81 - March 27, 2006 - Finding your note
- InspirEmail No 80 - March 13, 2006 - A message of love and encouragement
- InspirEmail No 79 - February 27, 2006 - Look for the Silver Lining
- InspirEmail No 78 - February 13, 2006 - Valentine's Day Ambush
- InspirEmail No 77 - January 30, 2006 - You Are Worth It
- InspirEmail No 76 - January 16, 2006 - When the wind blows
- InspirEmail No 75 - December 19, 2005 Santa Claus lives in all of us
- InspirEmail No 74 - December 5, 2005 - Bouncing Back
- InspirEmail No 73 - November 21, 2005 - Beliefs
- InspirEmail No 72 - November 7, 2005 - What you're listening for
- InspirEmail No 71 - October 24, 2005 - The Perfect Partnership . . . 30 years in the making
- InspirEmail No 70 - October 10, 2005 - The way we see it
- InspirEmail No 69 - September 26, 2005 - Living Life and Having Fun
- InspirEmail No 68 - September 12, 2005 - Life is a Hallmark Card
- InspirEmail No 67 - August 29, 2005 - The Circles of Life
- InspirEmail No 66 - August 15, 2005 - The Power of Words
- InspirEmail No 65 - August 1, 2005 - The Distinct Sound of Purring
- InspirEmail No 64 - July 18, 2005 - So you made a mistake
- InspirEmail No 63 - July 4, 2005 - Broken Eggs and Shattered Glass
- InspirEmail No 62 - June 20, 2005 - Focus on the priorities in your life
- InspirEmail No 61 - June 6, 2005 - Making the best of what you get
- InspirEmail No 60 - May 23, 2005 - The Trouble Tree
- InspirEmail No 59 - May 9, 2005 - Being of One Mind
- InspirEmail No 58 - April 26, 2005 - You Are Wonderful
- InspirEmail No 57 - April 12, 2005 - Be a Believer to be an Achiever
- InspirEmail No 56 - March 29, 2005 - Sometimes spelling doesn't count
- InspirEmail No 55 - March 14, 2005 - Wrapped with sticky tape, staples and paper clips
- InspirEmail No 54 - February 28, 2005 - 1000 Marbles and Counting
- InspirEmail No 53 - February 14, 2005 - The History of the Day
- InspirEmail No 52 - January 31, 2005 - The Boy with the Low I.Q.
- InspirEmail No 51 - January 17th, 2005 - She let them sit and boil, without saying a word
- InspirEmail No 50 - December 20, 2004 - Red Marbles
- InspirEmail No 49 - December 4, 2004 - A Bigger Frying Pan
- InspirEmail No 48 - Novermber 22, 2004 - One string we can have control over