Norman Vincent Peale
Positive Inspirational Achievement Stories
There once was an oyster whose story I tell,
who found that some sand had got into his shell.
It was only a grain, but it gave him great pain,
for oysters have feelings although they're so plain.
Now, did he berate the harsh workings of fate
that brought him to such a deplorable state?
Did he curse at the government, cry for election,
and claim that the sea should have given him protection?
No - he said to himself as he lay on a shell,
since I cannot remove it I shall try to improve it.
Now the years have rolled around, as the years always do.
and he came to his ultimate destiny, a stew.
And the small grain of sand that had bothered him so,
was a beautiful pearl all richly aglow.
Now the tale has a moral, for isn't it grand<
what an oyster can do with a morsel of sand?
What couldn't we do if we'd only begin,
with some of the things that get under our skin?
- Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well
- Reaching for Perfection
- Be a believer to be an achiever
- A field mouse or an osprey
- Thinking positively
- Are you a Joey Magpie
- What are your goals, dreams and visions?
- The Art of Achievement
- The boy with the low I.Q.
- Leaving your mark
- Making the best of you
- Planning brings your future into present
- The Oyster
- To Risk
- There's nothing you can't do
- 10 tips for creating a life and living your dream
- The Gift
- 11 ways to make this your best year yet
- The habits of going the extra mile
- How to identify your goals
- Goal setting rules
- Thou art an eagle
- After the applause, make time for words of praise!
- Acres of Diamonds