William Allen White
Positive Inspirational Achievement Stories
- To laugh is to risk appearing a fool.
- To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
- To reach out to another is to risk involvement.
- To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self.
- To place your ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss.
- To love is to risk not being loved in return.
- To live is to risk dying.
- To hope is to risk despair.
- To try is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing.
He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change, grow or live. Chained by his servitude he is a slave who has forfeited all freedom. Only a person who risks is free. The pessimist complains about the wind, the optimist expects it to change and the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward
- Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well
- Reaching for Perfection
- Be a believer to be an achiever
- A field mouse or an osprey
- Thinking positively
- Are you a Joey Magpie
- What are your goals, dreams and visions?
- The Art of Achievement
- The boy with the low I.Q.
- Leaving your mark
- Making the best of you
- Planning brings your future into present
- The Oyster
- To Risk
- There's nothing you can't do
- 10 tips for creating a life and living your dream
- The Gift
- 11 ways to make this your best year yet
- The habits of going the extra mile
- How to identify your goals
- Goal setting rules
- Thou art an eagle
- After the applause, make time for words of praise!
- Acres of Diamonds