Positive Inspirational Leadership Stories
Manager versus Leader
The manager administers; the leader innovates.
The manager is a copy; the leader is an original.
The manager maintains; the leader develops.
The manager focuses on systems and structure; the leader focuses on people.
The manager relies on control; the leader inspires trust.
The manager has a short-range view; the leader has a long-range perspective.
The managers asks how and when; the leader asks what and why.
Managers have their eyes on the bottom line; leaders have their eyes on the horizon.
The manager imitates; the leader originates.
The manager accepts the status quo; the leader challenges it.
The manager is the classic good soldier; the leader is his own person.
The manager does things right; the leader does the right thing.
- Leadership Stories
- Coming in from the cold can help boost the creativity of leaders
- Think big while also paying attention to the details
- The qualities of skilful leadership
- Simplicity - survival tips for managers
- What I know about people
- Efficient and Effective Managers
- Five leadership skills that increase engagement
- Taking advantage of leadership opportunities . . .
- Leadership and management - chalk and cheese
- A radical approach to becoming a great leader
- Becoming a motivational leader
- Truth and trust - they go together
- The power of praising people
- Managers versus Leaders
- Genuine and Caring Leadership
- The Maximus Principle - Casualties are Acceptable
- Lessons from Geese
- Great Expectations
- The foundations of leadership
- Communicating Vision
- A short course in human relations
- Building a team of Proactive People
- The parable of Brother Leo
- Managing and motivating - five ingredients
- 10 tips for creating and running effective meetings
- What the best bosses do
- People who make a difference in life have . . .
- Why Nice Bosses Finish First
- Why Workplace Leadership Is About To Get Its First Major Makeover In 100 Years
- A Quote from Maya Angelou predicted the Future of Workplace Leadership