William J. Johnson
Positive Inspirational Personal Growth Stories
Who really cares
The people who make a difference
Please take a moment to answer these questions:
- Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
- Name the last five recipients of the Australian of the Year Award.
- Name the last five winners of the Miss World contest.
- Name ten people who have won the Nobel Peace prize.
- Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
- Name the winners of the last five World Series Cricket Series.
How did you do? The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers, they are the best in their fields. But the applause dies, awards tarnish and achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another set of questions. See how you do with these:
- List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
- Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
- Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
- Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
- Name a few people whose stories have inspired you.
- Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
Was this a little easier to complete?
So what’s the message?
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care. If you agree please pass this on to those people who have made a difference in your life.
- Strength and Courage
- A picture of peace
- Greet people like a puppy
- Promise yourself
- The Magic Bracelet
- There's no indispensable person
- Big mud puddles and sunny yellow dandelions
- Who's driving your bus
- Which one will win?
- Gandhi's Shoes
- The beautiful scar
- The greatest treasure
- Picture the memories
- Who really cares
- Yesterday's Door
- What I have learnt
- A life that makes a difference
- Kisses in a box
- Who will you be tomorrow
- A new learning device
- Instructions for a wonderful and fulfilling life
- A glorious recipe for the soul
- Life is for living
- Installing love
- The last thing I did
- It feels right
- A boomerang world
- An enriching action
- I wanted to change the world
- 12 things your dog can teach you
- But we never stop growing
- An hour of time
- Reflecting on the Good Times
- Lessons from the Court
- You are an Inspiration
- A recipe for joyful living
- A Different Perspective
- The whole world came together
- The birthday quilt
- Another chance
- Ten steps to true happiness
- Life is a bag of frozen peas
- No strings attached
- A slice of heaven
- The value of moral courage
- Daddy's poem
- Three little words
- May you always feel loved
- Growing good corn
- Gifts from the heart
- Bouncing back
- Plants and people
- The Power of One Gesture
- Getting rid of sorrows
- The Perfect Partnership
- Unexpected Lessons