Robert Louis Stevenson
Positive Inspirational Success Stories
Giving up too soon
A man met a guru in the road. The man asked the guru - 'Which way should I go to achieve success?'
The robed, bearded sage said nothing, but he pointed to a place in the distance.
The man, thrilled by the prospect of quick and easy success, rushed in the appropriate direction. Suddenly, there came a loud 'Splat.'
Soon, the man limped back, tattered and stunned, assuming he must have misinterpreted the message. He repeated his question to the guru. 'Which way should I go to achieve success?' The guru again pointed silently in the same direction.
The man obediently walked off once more. This time the 'splat' was deafening. When the man crawled back, he was bloody, broken, tattered, and irate.
'I asked you which way I should go to achieve success,' he screamed at the guru.
'I followed the direction you gave me, and all I got was splatted! No more of this pointing! Talk!'
Only then did the guru speak. What he said was: 'Success is that way. Just a little past splat.'
- Developing your character...
- Stick to it
- Living an inspired and successful life
- The seven deadly roadblocks to success
- Success - luck or choice
- Sow the seeds of success
- How to squeeze the most out of your time
- Giving up too soon
- Seven steps to success
- Secrets for successful communication
- What is success?
- Going after breakthrough and success!
- Creating opportunity
- Looking for Diamonds
- Encouraging High Achievement
- Why accepting change is vital to your professional success