Ralph Waldo Emerson
Positive Inspirational Success Stories
Developing your character...
It is something special to be around someone who has real character in all that they do. Below are 10 ways to build your character by adopting a positive attitude in achieving your own level of personal and business success.
1. Do it even if it's difficult.
2. Take responsibility for your choices, your actions and your consequences.
3. Know why you do what you do.
4. Be honest, and be true to your word, both with yourself and with others.
5. Know your strengths, and work from them. Know your weaknesses even better, and avoid feeding into them.
6. Recognise your choices and use them wisely.
7. Develop self-discipline and know how not to overdo it.
8. Develop the ability to luxuriate, know when it's time to stop, and be able to stop.
9. Know the difference between what you want and what you need.
10. Recognise and respect boundaries. Be clear about your own, and give equal value and weight to those of others.
With many thanks to my business colleague Hans Rubens who forwarded this to me.
- Developing your character...
- Stick to it
- Living an inspired and successful life
- The seven deadly roadblocks to success
- Success - luck or choice
- Sow the seeds of success
- How to squeeze the most out of your time
- Giving up too soon
- Seven steps to success
- Secrets for successful communication
- What is success?
- Going after breakthrough and success!
- Creating opportunity
- Looking for Diamonds
- Encouraging High Achievement
- Why accepting change is vital to your professional success