Positive Inspirational Stories
March and April 2021 - Featured Inspiration
Believe In Your Ideas
Ideas and babies have a lot in common when they are new born; they require a lot of nourishment to survive. A new idea, regardless of its size, may not be able to withstand a beating when you first give it birth.
The next time you set out to do something that is completely out of the norm and the idea driving you is new, there is an important rule which should be followed. Only share your idea with people who will encourage and support you.
Here is an added word of caution. Contrary to popular belief, the individual who will offer the most support is not necessarily a great achiever. It just needs to be someone that you know will give you the mental and emotional support needed.
History records that many of our greatest achievers were not always the strongest supporters of others. Individuals who claim that all things are possible … you can do anything … frequently sang a different tune when the idea was not one they had originated.
Here are a few examples:
In 1899 Charles H. Duell said . . . 'Everything that can be invented has been invented.' Duell was the Director of the United States Patent office that year.
In 1927 Harry M. Warner of Warner Brothers Pictures said . . . 'Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?'
In 1923 Robert Milliken suggested . . . 'There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom.' We gave him the Nobel Prize for physics that year.
This is not an uncommon phenomenon. Think of how often one of your superiors shot your suggestions full of holes, only to find out later the same idea earned great profits for your company. If you believe in your own ideas, that is all that is required. You don’t need the approval of others.
The Wright Brothers were not swayed nor stopped by Lord Kelvin who was President of the Royal Society in 1895 when he said . . . 'Heavier than air flying machines are impossible.'
And, Grover Cleveland would be banned on sight today by at least half of the population with the advice he gave in 1905 . . .'Sensible and responsible women do not want to vote.'
Many of these people did great things but they were often wrong when it came to others’ abilities. Believe in yourself and your ideas and only share your ideas with those who will encourage and support you.
Written by Bob Proctor
To learn more about the work of Bob Proctor, please visit his website . . . Proctor Gallagher Institute >>>
- Inspirational Stories
- Finding a Forever Home
- Grandma's Thimble
- When you thought I wasn't looking
- Left Behind
- Enjoy your nectarine
- The Old Phone . . . How do you spell fix?
- You make a difference
- Lessons from Geese
- The Richest Man in the Valley
- The Making of a Memory
- Why The Elephants Dont Run
- The Sandpiper . . . to bring you joy
- They don't walk in your shoes . . . Click, Click, Click!
- The Happiest Day of My Life
- Courage - Despite the Odds
- You just never know
- Learning to Listen
- If it is meant to be, it will be
- The Learning Tree
- The Red Marbles
- The Weeds of Our Lives
- The Distinct Sound of Purring
- Flowers for the Teacher
- The Red Ribbon
- Santa's Love
- All The Good Things
- Yusuf - He's My Brother
- Extra Good Luck
- Hoo Hoo Fraks
- Stand tall like the Sunflower
- Unique Words of Forgiveness
- I Got Back On My Seat
- Brick Wall
- White Envelopes
- Love and Music in Their Hearts
- Birthday Cards with Secret Codes
- Gift Exchange - lessons about life!
- When the message light doesn't blink
- Tenant Farmers
- I know you by heart
- In Clay Vessels
- Letting Go
- When the nest emptied
- When the birdies came
- Broken Eggs and Shattered Glass
- After the applause, make time for words of praise!
- Are you a bucker filler or a dipper
- Choosing Confidence
- The Stone Soup Story
- A Mother's Job
- Hugging Life
- The Perfect Partnership
- Acknowledging a Special Treat
- A Different Perspective
- Life is meant to be lived
- Treasured Traditions
- Rules for a better way to live
- I Just Get Started
- Memories sustain us on Father's Day
- Creating Opportunity
- Forgiving without condoning or forgetting
- Nothing is long or short, hot or cold, good or bad!
- The Power of Discipline
- Sentry of the Homestead
- You deserve an Academy Award!
- All in the Family
- What is your Passion?
- We danced through life
- A choice to make
- Five ingredients of personal growth
- Acres of Diamonds
- If you look like a duck . . .
- The Secret of Happiness
- Harvesting Love
- It's music to your ears
- A Special Brand of Luck
- They are just empty cars
- Thou Art An Eagle
- Encouragement Works
- When you're in the cement mixer
- Plant Annually
- Life and Its Legs
- No Barriers in Life
- Getting Started
- Good Leaders are Good Followers
- How much do you want it to be
- How to improve your vision
- What forgiveness will buy
- Why let that hold you back
- Letting the yeast work its magic
- 9 things that make good employees quit
- The Beginning of Positive Thinking
- Giving Back
- May you be known by your love
- Expand your vision of possibilities
- We are meant for the skies
- Mr Belser died last night
- Are you dead on the job
- What makes us happy
- Motivating Others
- The clock is running so make the most of today
- Calming the muddy waters
- Keeping New Year's Resolutions - the secret additive
- You are unique
- Web of Love
- Is happiness around the corner
- Seeing Life Through New Eyes
- An enriching action
- The Road to Significance and Success
- The real purpose of your life
- With leadership its the little things that matter
- The Obstacle in our Path
- Good deeds no matter how small can change the world for someone
- Accepting responsibility has its rewards
- An Inspiring Thanksgiving
- The Ever-Flowing Spiral of Love
- Clementine - My Very First Dog
- The Little Nail
- His Greatest Treasure
- Their love comes with no strings and has no boundaries
- Three Simple Words that Change Everything
- Thank You
- Moral Courage - The Engine of Integrity
- The Person in a Different Skin
- Believe In Your Ideas
- I'll Never Complain Again
- You Are Wonderful!